Golden Milk (Turmeric)
To make a warm mug of Golden Milk:
½ to 1 tsp – coconut oil (do NOT skip this)
Sugar, maple syrup, stevia or other sweetener to taste (optional)
~ 1 mug Milk / Water (proportions to taste)
- Place ½-1+ tsp of dry spice mix in 8 ounce mug (more or less to taste).
- Add coconut oil in mug and stir to form paste.
- Heat 4 to 8 ounces of milk till bubbles just start forming around edge of small pan (not too hot) *Do not microwave!*
Mix proportion of water to milk according to your preference.
— Sometimes I like half water, half milk -Tom
— I like a tiny bit of water in mug to mix, then nearly all milk. -Susan
Plant-based Milks: Almond, Hemp, Soy, Rice, Hazelnut, Oat, Cashew, Coconut, etc.
- Pour hot liquid into mug and sweeten to taste if desired.
- Add the seeds from one cardamon pod to each mug (optional)
- Keep spoon in mug to stir before each sip (the spices do not completely dissolve).
Enjoy anytime, especially before bed and/or first thing in the morning. Mmmmm…
We find a warm cup of Golden Milk as rich and satisfying as a cup of java. Yes!
Health Benefits – http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-turmeric/
More info about Turmeric